Follow the grim tale of young Amicia and her little brother Hugo, in a heartrending journey through the darkest hours of history. Hunted by Inquisition soldiers and surrounded by unstoppable swarms of rats, Amicia and Hugo will come to know and trust each other. As they struggle to survive against overwhelming odds, they will fight to find purpose in this brutal, unforgiving world. Pre-order now and get three alternative outfits and coats of arms.
A Plague Tale: Innocence is a dark, thrilling third-person adventure blending action, exploration and stealth, developed by Asobo studio.
1349. The plague ravages the Kingdom of France. Amicia and her younger brother Hugo are pursued by the Inquisition through villages devastated by the disease. On your journey, you will need to join forces with other orphans and evade supernatural swarms of rats using fire and light. Aided only by the link that binds the orphan’s fates together, you will face the darkest days of history in a desperate struggle for survival.
Not everything is against you. The shadows offer hidden safety from the relentless pursuit of the Inquisition, and the swarms of rats within are just as deadly to your foes. Cooperate with other orphans to enact devilish plans straight from the minds of children, tricking your foes into destroying each other while you escape to safety. Your trusty slingshot, your wits, and the few friends you meet on the way offer the only assistance you can truly rely on.
A Plague Tale: Innocence’s stunning medieval world is brought to life by the striking environments and artistic direction from this veteran team, complemented by a breathtaking score. Dare to enter this nightmarish vision of history where your adventure begins… and the time of innocence ends.
A dark third-person adventure set in plague-ridden France.
- Guide orphans Amicia and Hugo through medieval villages as you evade deadly foes, both human and rat.
- Avoid the gigantic swarms of rats to keep the young orphans alive, but manipulating the horde may provide bloody assistance on your journey.
- Work with other orphans to escape the Inquisition and uncover the mystery of the plague that devastates medieval France.
- Darkness is your friend and foe, hiding you from the Inquisition, but exposing you to the rats. You must decide how best to use it, and your trusty slingshot, to survive.
- Breathtaking visuals combine with an enthralling score by industry veteran to bring a nightmarish vision of the middle ages.