If you’re looking for something unique that’s out of the box, this game might be for you. While AquaPazza is a traditional 2D fighter, the game itself is based on a series of Japanese adult visual novels. Though the source material is edgy, the game itself is non-adult themed. So feel free to mash buttons to playable characters from popular Aquaplus titles like To Heart, Utawarerumono, and Tears to Tiara. Go to battle with Sasara Kusugawa, a student council president who wields a halberd and shield. Better yet, fight with Touka, a martial arts expert who also has an affinity for cute stuffed animals. Or how about Hakuowlo, the mask-wearing amnesiac who wields a metal fan? These characters may be colorful and quirky, but they pack a powerful punch!
- Eclectic cast of characters: The combatants in AquaPazza are a diverse bunch – from the studious bookworm Manaka who, no kidding, attacks with a bookshelf to the lance-wielding, shield carrying Sasara
- Partner system: Players select from one of the thirteen partners to accompany them; Players get rewarded for aggressive play styles and the partners add an additional skill element to help break defensive play
- Tournament-level competition: Developed by Examu and Aqua plus, AquaPazza has a strong backbone of fighting game mechanics with twitch response times and huge combos
- Variety of gameplay modes: Each character has a storyline of their own, which unlocks the “another story” mode and an alternate ending; There’s also a time-attack mode, training mode and a gallery mode
- Online play: Take to the internet to challenge players in ranked, unranked and friends-only matches