BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend is a 2D Arcade-style Fighting game that provides a comprehensive overview of the franchise history of the game in a single release. The PS3 version of the game features the complete story mode from the original release in the series, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, as well as new and revised play modes, an enhanced story mode, a fully revised combat system, local and online multiplayer support, and cross-platform compatibility with PS Vita players.
The Arcade Style Fighting Fun of BlazBlue Returns
The BlazBlue Fighting game franchise makes a grand return to home gaming consoles with BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend. The game is a comprehensiveBlazBlue experience, containing story mode from the first game in the series, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger, 19 playable characters pulled from earlier DLC releases in the series, as well as all-new content including the devious all-new playable character Relius Clover, new story scenarios, new gameplay modes, and competitively balanced action. In addition to the four scenarios of its single player campaign, the game features two-player head-to-head local support, and 2-6 player support online, support that includes team battles.
Key Game Features
- Enhanced Story Mode – Relive and rediscover the events that took place in BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger or venture forth into one of four all new story scenarios
- New and Revised Game Modes to Explore – Take on the strongest of foes in Unlimited Mars Mode, dungeoneer your way to the bottom of Abyss Mode, or refine your skills in the improved Challenge Mode
- More Than 19 Playable Characters – The game contains 19 playable character/fighters pulled from previous downloadable content (DLC) in the series history, and contains the new character Relius Clover
- PS Vita Cross-compatibility – PS3 players enjoy cross-compatibility with PS Vita players
- Fully Revised Combat System – All characters new and old have been thoroughly rebalanced and armed with all new strategies and combos to take your game to the top
- Improved Online Multiplayer – Battle it out in BlazBlue‘s acclaimed online mode with all new online multiplayer features, such as online team battles