A touching tale of love and loss, N.E.R.O. is a game that explores universal themes such as love, loss and family. Destructoid applauds N.E.R.O. as ‘a hallmark of excellence’, describing: ”It’s undoubtedly a story of love and loss, grief and guilt, companionship and family, and coping when the world is so goddamn unfair. (…) you’ll just know that you felt something, and that sensation alone is worth the journey.” Enter a world of incredible beauty in N.E.R.O., where players assume the role of a little boy, wandering through a mysterious dreamlike world as the touching story of his family unravels. The game varies between exploring phosphorescent environments and solving interactive puzzles, which results in a fascinating journey.
- N.E.R.O. features simple gameplay with accessible controls in a rich and atmospheric environment filled with puzzles.
- N.E.R.O. features unique dream-like visuals with high resolution textures and complex shaders.
- N.E.R.O. is a mystery: Nothing is as it seems. Only by solving all the puzzles and through exploring will you be able to discern the whole story.
- N.E.R.O.’s wonderful soundtrack is captivating and comes along with the design. A deep narrating voice will underline the experience, following the two characters in their journey.
- N.E.R.O.’s story is complex and cryptic. We wish players to discuss the meaning of the story on social networks, sharing thoughts and screenshots.