Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original red faction, red faction: guerrilla allows players to take the role of an insurgent Fighter with the newly re-established red faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth defense force. Red faction: guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction.
- Open world Guerrilla Warfare – launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the edf’s grip on MaRS
- Strategic destruction – use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or Chain reaction explosions to attack enemy stronghold and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls
- Evolving & emergent gameplay – carve your path through an ever-changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the edf
- Epic sci-fi setting – explore the huge, unforgiving martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of parker to the gleaming edf capital city of eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire
- Multiplayer combat – there is No place to hide when you put your Guerrilla Warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes
- Fully reworked graphics – Heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps. Improved shadow rendering, improved lighting, shader & post-processing rework
- (Switch Only) – Optional Motion Controls for a better sense of aiming while playing in handheld mode